Urgh... Suffering from lack of sleep...
Wrapped up in my blanket in front of my computer now, probably look like some weird red dumpling. It's cold this morning, and I'm feeling really sleepy... Why? Cos on Thursday we had the band chalet, which I refused to miss, and ended up cabbing to school from Pasir Ris just to get to my lesson at 8, during which I fell asleep at least what? 10 times? And mind you, it was a French lecture, so the class size was about 30-40 people, and it was held in a small classroomish room and not a lecture theatre... Not to mention I happened to be sitting in the front row right under my lecturer's nose. Desolée Mr Francois, I didn't mean to fall asleep =p But going a night with about an hour's plus of sleep does that to you...
Had my oral next period slightly after 10... Was worrying about it the whole of Thursday, amidst some other thoughts, but it turned out to be quite an amusing session, cos one of my partners decided to use our tutor's name in our little roleplay situation, eliciting peals of laughter from her and my group... Mais, mostly my group =) No idea how we did though, because it seems like we didn't say much, but it was funny, and I think having fun while learning a language is probably a good thing... Can't imagine if French was as dry as like Math or Computing (which I'm still struggling with at the moment). After that was CTW which was dull as usual, then went home to get some sleep.
Interestingly Emmy asked if I wanted to watch a movie, but she said she'd already bought tickets with Jinyuan so I said no, then went to nap from about 5 to 9ish... Den when I woke up it turns out some of the other people said they were going, so I said fine, and we ended up watching Munich at 12.30 at JP...
The movie was not bad, I think some of the imagery and the language used just captured the effects brilliantly, but there were some flaws in the slightly excessive injection of moral values into the whole show, and I thought some bits were a little uncalled for. But it's nice to see how a man, who so firmly believed in his country and his mission, could be reduced by what he was doing to a withering mess who's too paranoid to sleep in his own bed... Not to say I haven't watched enough movies to expect about 1/4 of the plot, like the closet story and some other stuff, but it's still not too bad a show... Really, really expected him to die though, but I guess the effect of his paranoia and how he finally lost all his friends and most of his family in his country had a much stronger effect on the viewer... BTW I still think the German snipers in the show were kinda lousy... I mean, if you have terrorists in a large open space (an airport runway) With no other planes and stuff, and you have the advantage of big bright lights aimed at them, shouldn't you be able to take them all out in at most 2 shots? How is it only 2 go down, and the rest have time to run from the plane to the 2 helicopters and shoot the rest of the athletes and even toss grenades in the helicopters?? I think they need to play more CS...
I think I'm going to be a mess in band today... I get kinda grumpy when I don't get enough sleep, but at least something I've been thinking about is sorta off my mind at last... Shall go shower now and head out to NTU... I hope these new brass ensemble pieces are nice...
Thanks Geri!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home