Post-Exam Activities!
Finally! Exams are over over over!!! It's already been a while, but I've been too lazy and/or caught up in things to blog =p Since then, I've been trying to find things to do and places to go, to finally celebrate the end of the exams! Shall give a brief recount here I guess...
Immediately after the last paper, I was pretty high! Unfortunately it was a boring day and I decided to go home and sleep it off... The next day however, was pretty fun... Had a sudden craving for waffles and ice cream the night before, so I met up with Felicia and her brother for breakfast at JP... Upon discovering (or so we thought) that Anderson's didn't serve it, we went off to Swensons for breakfast. They had their brunch there, since they were heading off for band practice, and I just had the apple crumble thingy (which the 3 of us shared and couldn't finish) and we shared fries and the fried mushrooms, which aren't very good because well, the mushrooms are nice because they have that natural nice mushroomy taste, but the batter is fried and I guess over-fried? Anyway it's a bit soggy and not crunchy at all... I suspect it's the moisture from the mushrooms that make it so, either that or just bad preparation... At least I got my ice cream =p But I'm still craving NTU Can 2 waffles... I honestly think they're the nicest of all I've tried so far! But not with ice cream... Peanut butter or chocolate will do... Anyway, after breakfast, the two of them went off to band prac (late of course! Tsk tsk...) and I went to meet Emmy for lunch! But she managed (somehow) to get her pencil stuck at the bottom of the piano in her music school, and so was late... I went to the library to return (and borrow more) books, and found -all- the borrowing stations down, and a long long long queue at the customer service counter, presumedly because that's the only place left they could borrow the books from... Me, being the lazy cow I am, promptly decided that if I was going to have to queue, I'd rather not borrow the books. Of course, I also noticed this sneaky librarian working around the borrowing machines, and decided to subtly wait around there... Sure enough she got them working and I got my 4 books borrowed without having to queue in that long line, and before the mad rush of the people in the queue got to the borrowing stations either! Hah! =p After that I went to meet Emmy for lunch at the (pretty) new Subway at JP, and found that the standards were not exactly up to the usual Subway standards... The meatball sandwich we shared wasn't well done at all, resulting in an uneven spread of meatballs and general displeasure at the staff... Oh well, they'd better learn... Saturday ended rather quietly after that, as I went home to read and eventually fall asleep reading one of my books =)
Sunday was interesting because JL suddenly SMSed me asking to play mahjong through the night with Wen and Larry... Having had itchy fingers for the past couple of days, I said yes! But before that I went off to JP with my parents and my sis because she was looking for a new pair of track shoes and my mom wanted to eat fast food (Don't ask me why, I can't understand why anyone would like eating fast food...) I got to drive there! And found that I haven't driven in an underground/multi-storey carpark for a while =p My parking's getting better though! And anyway I drove to my grandma's place after that, and ended up playing mahjong there from 4 onwards... So I ended up with what? 10 hours of mahjong? Granted of course, that I was falling asleep during the last few hours because I haven't been sleeping well since the start of exam preparations, and even after they've ended I still haven't gotten a proper rest... URGH!!
Monday was devoted to sleeping Sunday's exploits off, and insane medicine-taking because I developed a sore throat... And why take so much medicine? Because I wanted to recover by Tuesday! Because...
Tuesday morning was badminton! After a long break from exercise, I finally got to play badminton, and found that I'm really really out of practice =( Haiiz... Need to make this a regular, or at least more regular activity... After 2 hours of badminton with my JC/Uni friends, I dumped them (sorry guys =p) And went to meet CZ, HX, HL and Felicia for lunch, before heading to.... KTV!!! Yes! Finally my first KTV session of the hols, but it's such a pity that I had a sore throat... Managed to hit a couple of high notes, but my throat was pretty messed up... Haiiz, CZ, HL and HX have such lovely voices... Why don't I have proper singing talent??? But too bad all of you who go ktv with me, you have to put up with me because I like singing, even without talent =p
Today was a buffet dinner at Marina, and I've found my appetite has really gone down... Can't even finish half what I used to be able to down... Don't want to go for another one of those buffets though... Lousy food and a waste of money... I'd rather spend it on better foods... But today wasn't a total loss, went to a bowling alley and discovered I'm still as bad at bowling as I remember =p It's fun of course, but I really suck at it =)
Oh well, that's the review of the four days or so up till now... Can't really think of much else to write at the moment... I'm hoping band pracs start soon, I miss my trombone... And I suspect Emmy will be right, in that I'll sound terrible once I get back to playing it... Let's hope not...
Monday... Recover by Monday! I command you!!
1 Comments:
Hey Youwei, JunHan here. Do you have any latest info about NTUSB? I email emerald but 2 days ago but I haven't got any reply. Anyway I'm now playing for Ngee Ann Poly Band for their concert. Concert is on 20th May. Thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home